5 Benefits of Invisalign® Over Traditional Braces
Do you have crooked or misaligned teeth? Wish you could straighten them up without the need of traditional metal braces? Well, there’s a solution for that, and it’s called Invisalign!
Crooked or misaligned teeth can look bad and in worse cases, they cannot be properly maintained. This leads to many periodontal diseases like risks of gum and bone damage, as well as tooth loss.
As a young kid, we were all thought to believe that the only way to fix your teeth is by wearing the traditional metal braces. However, metal braces were super uncomfortable and painful to wear. Invisalign® clear braces are a great alternative if you do not want to undergo the conventional procedure. Here are five reasons to choose Invisalign® over conventional metal braces:
- Appearance: Invisalign® clear braces look better in the mouth than traditional metal braces. Metal braces look unattractive, as though it is filled with awkward pieces of unsightly metal. They’re very noticeable, especially on an adult, and food can get caught in them without even you knowing it. Alternatively, Invisalign® is barely noticeable. They look as if the person were never wearing any type of tooth correction tool whatsoever. Most of us can agree that Invisalign® is more attractive than metal braces.
- Comfort: Forget about the appearance for a second and let’s talk about comfort: While metal braces must be attached to your teeth, your mouth, Invisalign® braces can be removed when necessary. So, you’re not stuck with them until the day they are finally removed (and that can last up to a few years). If for any reason, the person wearing them chooses to remove them for brief periods of time (like eating or brushing their teeth), he or she may easily do so.
- Safety: Invisalign® clear braces reduce damage and inflammation to teeth and gums. Conventional metal braces have wire and protruding bits of metal that sometimes puncture and scratch the side of your mouth and gums. Clear braces like Invisalign® are smooth and comfortable. They do not have any sharp edges or protruding edges or bits. Conventional metal braces use a great deal of force when aligning teeth, which could cause a lot of pain when chewing or eating. These problems do not exist with clear aligners. Overall, clear braces reduce the damage normally caused by conventional metal braces, including gum disease and cavities. invisalign-miami-fl
- Duration Of Treatment: If you thought that conventional metal braces worked faster when aligning your teeth, think again. Depending on the severity of the case, conventional metal brace treatments can last as long as five years. Invisalign® can take from only one year to a year and a half to work its magic and straighten your teeth.
- Expect No Surprises: If you’re considering wearing Invisalign® braces, expect no surprises. Patients who undergo treatment are given a plan that is fully computerized. Therefore, they know exactly what to expect and how long they will be wearing braces before they even wear them. Metal braces can be a trial and error until you know what is to come.
In conclusion, Invisalign® offers advantages that conventional metal braces lack. They are way more comfortable than traditional braces and pose fewer risks of damaging your gums, and the best part is that it provides you with a beautiful smile in a shorter time. If you are considering Invisalign®, book a consultation or call Dr. Ramon Bana at (305) 857-3137 to determine if this is the right treatment for you!